Accumulated precipitation at ground by blended MW and IR
Accumulated precipitation performed every three hours on the previous 3, 6, 12 and 24 hours
- Coverage: H SAF area with extension to Africa and southern Atlantic: LAT 60°S - 67.5°N, LON 80°W - 80°E (The covered area is shown in figure)
- Cycle: Four products (integrals over 3, 6, 12 and 24 h) every three hours (rolling)
- Resolution: Resolution changes across the Full Disk from 3 km near the sub-satellite point to 8 km on average over Europe. Sampling dependent of SEVIRI IFOV
- Timeliness: 15 min after synoptic hours (00, 03, 06, 09, 12, 15, 18 and 21 UTC)
- Dissemination: By EUMETCast to most other users, especially scientific and trough the HSAF ftp server.
- Formats: Values in grid points of the Meteosat projection (GRIB-2)
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF THE BASIC PRINCIPLES FOR PRODUCT GENERATION
Product H05B (P-AC-SEVIRI over the full disk area) is derived from precipitation maps generated by merging MW images from operational sun-synchronous satellites and IR images from geostationary satellites (i.e., products P-IN-SEVIRI). Integration is performed at synoptic hours on the previous 3, 6, 12 and 24 hours.